I love taking mini weekends away in my state, major perks of living in Florida. If I don’t want to spend a ton of money going overseas or to another state, I can enjoy the palm trees and beauty right here! From Polka Dots to Animal Print, I was dressed for the occasion and ready to do some more Disney world Exploring in the Disney Parks. Deciding to book a last minute hotel, I managed to score the last available room. This was the beginning of my weekend getaway at the Wyndham Lake Buena vista Disney Springs.
Why I chose to stay at the Wyndham Lake Buena vista Disney Springs
Staying at all of the Disney springs hotels is a goal of mine. Every time I take a weekend trip to Disney World , I try to stay over for the weekend in a hotel i’m yet to experience. Although Disney World Passholders get a discount for the resort hotels; They are always way too expensive for a simple overnight trip.
I chose the Whyndam Hotel because it’s affordable, despite being one of the pricey hotels in Disney Springs. The hotel provides the same benefits as most hotels in the area, as well as having a character breakfast for kids on certain days of the week.
It’s located right next to Disney springs so you can shop before you visit the Disney parks, or after if you prefer. Also I love the nightlife at Disney Springs, so its great and CHEAPER to eat a meal out there , than a Disney restaurant in the park.
I did drive out there , so I drove to each location, however the hotel does off a shuttle to the parks of your choice.
What kind of room did I stay in at the Wyndham Hotel?
1 King Bed with Sofa bed, Non Smoking, Lake View (Lake Buena Vista View)
So let’s talk about this room. Was it the best i’ve stayed in for $295 per night? NO WAY. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Disney springs two weeks ago which was 10x better, cheaper, cleaner and more visually appealing. (Expect a blog post review on that soon). Let’s break it down
Cons of staying in the Wyndham Lake Buena vista Disney Springs.
- Con1 – No water in the fridge. This can seem like nit picking , but i’ve never been to a hotel where I don’t have bottled water in complimentary in the room. When Florida is as hot as it is, you get dehydrated VERY quickly. This is something that shocked me straight away and honestly I was disappointed that I had to spend $3 for their overpriced water in the Lobby shop.
- con2 – The bathroom door did not close properly. It was one of those doors that you push and for some reason the latch did not catch. This to me felt very “motel”. For the price i’m paying , and a hotel rated 4 stars, I should be able to close the bathroom door properly.
- Con3 – The bathtub paint was peeling off in the center. Although nothing too serious. I felt like this is not something I should be experiencing in a top rated hotel.
- Con4 – no quilt for the sofa bed. I slept on the sofa bed while I had my daughter and mother sleep on the main bed. The sofa bed had no quilt, just a sheet. I Expected to have a quilt exactly like the one on the bed , but I only had a sheet.
Pros of staying in the Wyndham Lake Buena vista Disney Springs.
- PRO1- The lobby had a mini convenience store with pretty much anything I needed. Which was great, plus a coffeeshop with Keto friendly syrups to feed my coffee addiction!
- Pro2 – Valet parking was the same price as self parking, which was a great perk!
- Pro3 – A beautiful pool, however I was not there long enough to actually experience it.
- Pro4 – They allowed me to do late checkout of 12pm!
What I ate for breakfast in the Lakeview Restaurant at Wyndham Lake Buena vista Disney Springs hotel
I ate at the Lakeview Restaurant which had a full Buffet breakfast. I tried to stay Keto, then saw that they had Mickey Mouse waffles and that was it. Diet ruined!
I felt like the breakfast was expensive compared to staying at the Holiday in and receiving free breakfast for kids.
Related Post | Single mom disney world trip
What I Wore to Epcot | Animal print
I chose to keep it simple with an animal print dress and simple white sneakers! Animal print is my go to this season so you will see a ton of it on the blog!
Related post | Hilarious things my daughter said at Disney world
What I Wore to Magic Kingdom |Polka Dot Romper
I went to Animal kingdom on the Saturday night. For the first time, as I have left before dark in the past. I wore a polka dot romper , as I felt black and white polka dot would fit the Minnie Mouse theme.
To be honest I think ALL polka dot colors scream DISNEY WORLD1
Are you looking for a place to stay in Disney Springs?
To rate the Wyndham Lake Buena vista Disney Springs hotel honestly, I don’t think i’ll stay there again as it is not worth the money per night in my opinion. The Wyndham Hotel is a quality hotel. Several aspects are outdated and overpriced.
I’ll be looking forward to experiencing other hotels in Disney springs and will give you guys a full breakdown too!
Author: Abbigayle Warner
“HLT is about Empowering Women To Travel Through Life As Their Best Selves!”
Hi I’m Abbi, welcome to my little corner of the net!
I’ve been designing and blogging for over 10 years, and have learned ALOT over the years! No this isn’t another blog teaching you how to blog! This is just me sharing REAL LIFE experiences and giving my thoughts along the way. HLT (her luxe travels) is just a young twenty something mom talking about LIFE & literally everything a modern woman goes through!
I post every Sunday so be sure to Join the mailing list to be notified of new posts weekly!