Don’t you hate delayed flights? There’s nothing worse than having to wait extra hours to go on a flight, even worse it gets cancelled! It can really put a damper on your trip! Sometimes it feels like airlines are doing absolutely nothing to help! If only you could get some of your Monday back, better yet ALL of it back! WELL YOU CAN! Here is how you can grab up to 600 EUR per passenger in flight compensation for all of your troubles!
Are you eligible for flight compensation?
In accordance with EU Regulation 261/2004 a passenger is entitled to 250-600 euros of compensation in case of:
- Your Flight was delayed more than 3 hours
- Unfortunately the flight got cancelled
- When the airline overbooked your flight and Denied you boarding
- Flight 1 was delayed causing you to miss your connecting flight. (you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than planned)
There is one requirement for you to file a claim, and that is that the flight happened within the past 6 years. (depending on country of departure)
– within the EU (on any airline)
– leaving the EU (on any airline)
– or arriving into EU (on EU airline)
Lets break down the costs
To get an idea of how much you are entitled to, you will need to look at several factors. This includes the distance of your flight and how long the delay was. The chart below displays how to calculate your cost, of you can use the simple compensation calculator from Compensair’s website
I’m eligible for flight compensation! How do I claim?
There are two effective ways to get your process done so you can get the money you deserve!
To complete the process on your own here is what you will need to do.
- Draw up a claim with supporting evidence and necessary documents;
- Submit a claim in the way required by an airline (online form, fax, email, etc.);
- Wait for a response (it may take several months);
- Draw up again a legally justified response to airline’s payment refusal or send a claim again (if ignored);
- In case of unjustified refusal or ignorance, you will need to apply to consumer rights protection authorities of the country of departure and/or to court.
OR YOU CAN DO IT THE EASY WAY
Let Compensair manage your entire claim for a small 25% success fee. Compensair provided updates with every step, there is zero risk, and you are only charged if your case is a success!
so what are you waiting for?! Go ahead and claim for all those headache flights you’ve had in the past! Then start planning for your next trip!
Read this next | What to pack for your next trip
Author: Abbigayle Warner
“HLT is about Empowering Women To Travel Through Life As Their Best Selves!”
Hi I’m Abbi, welcome to my little corner of the net!
I’ve been designing and blogging for over 10 years, and have learned ALOT over the years! No this isn’t another blog teaching you how to blog! This is just me sharing REAL LIFE experiences and giving my thoughts along the way. HLT (her luxe travels) is just a young twenty something mom talking about LIFE & literally everything a modern woman goes through!
I post every Sunday so be sure to Join the mailing list to be notified of new posts weekly!